Summary of Responsibilities:
To provide support for students within specified curriculum area in order to motivate them to develop the skills and confidence to participate and succeed on their study programme.
- To support students to achieve within the teaching and learning environment both practical and classroom based
- To be aware of lesson objectives, take direction from the Tutor and adapt learning resources as needed
- To encourage students to develop independent learning skills
- To attend regular team meetings
- To promote and facilitate inclusive practices
- To represent the client at internal and external events as and when required
- The post holder will be required to encompass the use of information and learning technology (ILT) as appropriate to his/her level of responsibility
- Comply with, and implement as appropriate all policies and procedures, with particular reference to Equal Opportunities, Quality and Health and Safety
- Take part in the staff development programme as required
- Undertake such other duties and responsibilities as may be reasonably required by your line manager within the level and grading of the post, working flexibly across other areas of the department/division as required.
- Qualifications - Level 2 in Maths and English
- Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Learning - desirable
- Level 2 Specialist qualification in learning difficulty or disability - desirable
- Experience of working in the Education sector - Preferred
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Awareness of Makaton/BSL
- An understanding of the concept of Inclusive Learning
- Flexible 'can do' approach
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.