This reputable nursing home are looking to recruit a full time Clinical Lead(RGN or RMN). As part of the nursing team the Clinical Lead (RN) will be required to ensure the high standards of nursing care whilst promoting an atmosphere which enables residents to live as independently as possible. You will be expected to promote the Home's policies and Philosophy of Care and CQC standards, as well as supervising and mentoring the nurses.
- Ensure that you always have a valid PIN registration
- To ensure that the clinical needs of the Home meet national required standards.
- Ensure the safe delivery of nursing care, maximising nursing and other resources.
- Organise the implementation of the planned programme of care as set out in the individual care plans, ensuring that it meets the totality of residents care needs including their physical, psychological, social and spiritual needs, using the agreed model of care.
- Assist with pre-admission assessments and arrangements necessary for admissions to the Home.
- Regularly evaluate the care plans and review their effectiveness, implementing changes in care when the outcome of care does not meet the goals of the care plans.
- Be responsible for the safe administration and safekeeping and ordering of drugs and treatments as prescribed and in accordance with the Home's Policies and the NMC Guidelines.
- Organise nursing time and use of equipment in order to maximise potential, taking into account dependency levels of residents.
- Demonstrate both clinical and managerial leadership to a team of nurses and care staff allowing an opportunity for all staff to communicate openly and positively.
- To provide a visible, accessible and authoritative presence within the clinical areas of responsibility for patients, relatives and staff, providing assistance, advice and support at all times.
- Pass on skills and knowledge to other staff.
- Assist with the recruitment and induction of nursing and care staff.
- Organise, formulate agendas for and hold regular staff meetings with all staff.
- Communicate with the Clinical Care Co-ordinator or Manager keeping him/her fully informed of; any changes in residents' health, well-being or social problems, any problems of communication with residents and families, any staff problems, problems with regard to the environment in the home, and any problems with members of the multidisciplinary team in the home and other providers of care and services to the home.
- Be aware of educational needs of staff, communicate these needs to the Manager and take every opportunity to assist in seeing that these needs are met, so that all staff have appropriate skills and knowledge to deliver competent and timely patient care.
- Conduct staff supervisions and appraisals.
- Ensure all new staff are given a full induction programme and assist the Registered Manager in supporting these individuals during their induction period.
- RGN or RMN qualified
- Valid NMC PIN number
- Strong communication skills including both oral and written
- A forward facing organised individual with attention to detail
- A role model for all nursing and care staff that leads by example
Are you a qualified Nurse either starting out in your career or looking for a more senior position? If so, Sammons Healthcare would like to offer our expertise and assistance. We have vacancies nationwide for RGNs RMNs and RNLDs. Additionally if you are currently seeking a post as an Area, Home or Deputy Manager, Senior Nurse or Clinical Lead then please send your CV to us along with your requirements and we will endeavour to find the right position for you.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.