Technical Assistant (offering progression into Network Engineering)
Monday to Friday 9am - 5.30pm
Would you like to join an award winning company, providing services to companies across the UK.
Applicants need to have demonstrated an interest in IT and the configuration of equipment. This role will require the applicant to support in basic configuration, deployment and diagnostics of equipment, therefor a basic understanding of this is the essential requirement.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced problem solver, with the ability to think independently with a desire to see a task completed to the end. They will have excellent written and oral communications and the ability to achieve, and exceed customer driven deadlines, through clear communication, determination and organisation.
Main duties will include the basic day to day configuration and deployment of equipment, such as router configurations. processing of orders, managing orders through to completion, management of the ordering services, accurate record keeping, including internal documentation
The successful candidate will have a positive attitude and the ability to communicate clearly amongst colleagues, with excellent customer care skills.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who enjoys analysing a situation and working out the best solution whilst taking pride in their work.
- 2 years experience of working with a range of supplier and customer engagement and the ability and interest in IT and the configuration of equipment.
The successful candidate will be required to complete an Enhanced DBS check
General skills required:
- Good IT skills to include an interest in IT, and the ability to carry out configuration of equipment.
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Good communicator with colleagues, customers and suppliers
- Must be a team player as the candidate will be expected to work closely with sales teams and technical colleagues
- Experience of answering customer enquiries via the telephone and email
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy when recording and processing data
- Problem solving skills with the ability to think independently
- Highly organised
- Solid demonstrable working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Full UK driving licence
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.