Technical Buyer (6-12 month contract)
|Job Title:||Technical Buyer (6-12 month contract)|
|Location:||Hastings, East Sussex|
|Salary:||£30000 - £35000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sammons Group|
|Job Published:||January 16, 2019 02:26|
Our client's Purchasing Teams are responsible for obtaining materials, components, equipment and services, gather quotations, examine bids, and award contracts. They perform cost analysis and volume planning for commodities, evaluate vendor reliability and develop new supply sources where required. They coordinate purchasing activities with the manufacturing and engineering departments to maintain inventory at planned levels and monitor cost, schedule, and scope of assigned subcontracts to assure best quality at best value. They also look for and recommend cost saving proposals including make vs. buy analysis, alternative sourcing, and vendor evaluation criteria as well as develop specifications for new contract orders.
- Responsible for all purchasing and planning activities, new product sourcing, and supplier development relating to key intercompany/3rd party suppliers and sub-contract medical service providers across multiple product lines.
- Manage purchase orders with suppliers based on material requirements driven by MRP/Pull messages in relation to customer orders, inventory target levels and forecasts.
- Must be familiar with, comply to and manage personal duties and tasks filtered through the "purchasing controls" requirements, guidelines, and restrictions of the following quality groups & regulatory bodies: FDA, CE/MDD, ISO13485, AS9100C, ISO9001, Conflict Minerals, RoHS, REACH and Export Compliance.
- Produce and document cost savings through purchasing negotiations and finding new, innovative materials and methods
- Set and monitor key inventory levels in MRP, Pull and MPS databases
- Support new materials development efforts by researching and securing suppliers, getting quotes, and communicating quote results to the cross-functional team.
- Generate and maintain capacity reports (daily and weekly). Monitor and communicate capacity/resource limitations timely.
- Assist in master planning by taking long and short term viewpoints for production scheduling, capacity planning, and inventory planning.
- Create work orders and distribute to appropriate warehouse team members for kitting.
- Aid in Stock Strategy review and development and maintaining demand/planning horizons for specific items.
- Inventory management - inventory valuation, reviewing re-order levels and lead times for both raw materials and customer finished goods.
- Understand the supply chain and apply continuous improvement/value-adding ideas in routine responsibilities
- Experience in a manufacturing environment and knowledge of inventory practices a must.
- Strong negotiation, interpersonal, persuasive and organizational skills.
- Technically oriented to comprehend and translate specification requirements.
- Must be able to understand and utilize MRP II theory and applications.
- Ability to communicate specific material requirements effectively to the supplier or sub-contractor.
- Able to multi-task, prioritise and manage time effectively and be detail oriented.
- Team oriented.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of employees and management.
- Basic computer skills - Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, data entry.
- MANMAN experience preferred.
- Business degree or a combination of education and experience in purchasing/supply chain mgmt field.
- CPM or APICS CPIM certification preferred
- Must be US person or PRC holder due to access to products and technology controlled under the ITAR & EAR
Education / Experience:
- Demonstrates deep knowledge of theory and principles within a professional discipline or general knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Develops solutions to a variety of complex problems.
- Adapts or enhances quality or value in existing methods; improves working methods within role.
- Generally requires Bachelors degree in appropriate field with a minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible professional level experience
- Masters degree or higher or local equivalent may be preferred at this level.
- CPM or APICS CPIM certification preferred
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies. We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group. The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC). We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know. We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's