Purpose of Position:
Perform a variety of professional, technical and analytical duties in the operation of the enterprise email and messaging client/server environment. Provide day to day support and customer interaction for break fix and troubleshooting issues including proactive maintenance for applications and services. A portion of time will be used to support the designs, analysis, plans and implementation of IT projects which includes considerations for data storage, virtualisation, collaboration, applications, operating systems and security as well as support processes.
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Analyse, detect, identify and correct technical problems and deficiencies.
- Service request completion. Including updating and communicating customers
- Determine proper installation parameters for software and hardware, for smooth integration, transition and efficiency
- Installation and configuration of software(s)
- Responsible for small project implementation and execution. Includes: defining project schedule, tasks, resource requirements and leading team members to ensure project is successful.
- Hardware support
- Operating System Support
- Application and recommendation of updates, patches and hot-fixes to systems
- Document hardware and software inventory
- Process and procedure creation and documentation
- Monitor and collect data on system performance
- Assist and train customers
- Perform physical cleanup of work areas
- Ensure that all devices meet or exceed Security and Corporate policy requirements
- Contribute to the design, implementation of new technologies
- Ability to research errors using online resources
- Self-maintain technical skill sets
- Contribute to the design, implementation and maintenance of the disaster recovery plan for IT related applications and systems
- Seek to identify areas of improvements to the IT infrastructure to meet evolving users and customer requirements, challenges.
- Develop key relationships. Work with third party vendors and peers from other General Dynamics Business units
- After hours support to ensure availability, integrity and introduction of new and existing services.
- Technical knowledge in Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft Skype for Business.
- In addition, technical knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
- Blackberry UEM
- Mobile Device Management
- MS Windows Server and Active Directory
- Office 365
- Typically requires a minimum of 8+ years of related experience
- A degree in an IT related discipline or related field is preferable or College level education with significant background and experience in IT
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.