Tecnhical Sales Estimator
|Job Title:||Tecnhical Sales Estimator|
|Location:||Hastings, East Sussex|
|Contact Name:||Sammons Group|
|Job Published:||February 02, 2021 06:20|
Position: Technical Sales Estimator/Surveyor
Salary: Competitive Salary
Technical Sales Estimator/Surveyor - Hastings
Hours: Weekdays 8.30am to 5.00pm
An opportunity has arisen for a Technical Sales Estimator/Surveyor to join a successful and expanding business.
The job will involve speaking with customers and clients on a daily basis, answering technical enquiries both on the phone and in writing, processing stock enquiries via the in house computer system, preparing quotations and panel take-offs and managing the Call off schedules for large scale projects.
Primary responsibilities & duties:
- To communicate with architects, specifiers, contractors and others by use of a pleasant telephone manner and via computer/ email ensuring correct sales procedures are followed.
- Process technical and estimating enquiries received by telephone, e-mail or post, ensuring that all enquiries and quotations are processed in a timely fashion.
- Gain good product knowledge of the types of cladding materials and fixing systems available to be able to give sound technical advice to customers.
- Deal promptly and efficiently with customer enquiries regarding the processing of their orders, quotations, enquiries and other administrative tasks relating to the Sales and Customer Service processes, Technical and Quotation processes.
- Complete take offs and prepare quotations using sections and elevations that have been sent into the company. Convert quotation to order and highlight programmes and lead times to customer.
- Complete any ad-hoc or project related duties requested by the Estimating Manager.
- Strong organisational ability and willingness to ensure deadlines are met
- Self-motivated with good communication and administrative skills.
- Confident IT user with experience of working on database packages and with CAD software / systems.
- High quality approach to customer service
- Experience of the construction/facades/curtain walling industry and estimating is essential
- We will consider candidates from a quantity surveying background
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's