|Job Title:||Telecoms Manager|
|Location:||Brighton, East Sussex|
|Contact Name:||Sammons Group|
|Job Published:||January 15, 2021 16:29|
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Telecommunications Manager to join an established educational institution based near Brighton & Hove.
You will be responsible providing specialist technical expertise, advice and leadership across the institution for the provision of and support of telephony services. This includes external and internal services for fixed and mobile telephony, associated services such as call routing and contact centre technologies and the management of the switchboard
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
- To manage the operation, development and maintenance of the fixed and mobile telephony systems, including call routing, contact centre and other associated technologies to deliver a high-quality service to customers
- To monitor, manage and administer telephony systems and provide reporting as required and ensure faults are speedily identified and rectified, in line with departmental procedures
- To be responsible for overall customer service standards within telephony services including identifying and ensuring delivery of future requirements in this area
- To coordinate and manage telephony related projects and developments
- To produce and distribute usage, call billing and costings reports for departments where required
- To effectively maintain and administer a medium scale service budget in line with company's policy
- To manage the cost-effective procurement and maintenance of telephony services and equipment.
- To be responsible for the management of all third parties and contracts in relation to the telephony communication services
- To produce and maintain relevant documentation and guidance in the effective use of university telephone services
- To be responsible for all aspects of the effective management and development of allocated staff
- A professional understanding of the practices, procedures and methods that support fixed and mobile telephony services
- In-depth knowledge of voice communication technologies, regulations and developments in the industry
- Significant experience of managing fixed and mobile telephony systems in an enterprise environment
- Professional qualifications in Service Management and/or Project Management (eg ITIL or PRINCE2) or equivalent experience (Desirable)
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.