Temporary Chef/Cook required in Crowborough on a 3 month contract working 35 hours per week.
Expected hours are Monday to Saturday 15.00 - 20.00, Sundays 8.30 - 13.00.
Main Purpose of the Role: Responsible for all activities within the kitchen and its surrounds in connection with the provision of a catering service.
- To undertake the preparation and cooking of food in order to provide freshly cooked meals that can be frozen
- To liaise with clients/their representatives in order to undertake menu planning, taking into account any special dietary needs, modified texture diets, and portion control.
- To be responsible for ordering stock, maintaining supplies, and working within a budget
- To check deliveries
- To be responsible for the organisation and supervision of the food service
- To ensure safe working systems are operated and high standards of health and safety are maintained
- To ensure high standards of personal and food hygiene
- To undertake cleaning of the kitchen and associated equipment
- To complete any associated paperwork
- Ability to plan and produce menus; understanding of specialist dietary needs; catering for up to 25 people
- Experience of being solely responsible for the preparation, serving, and clearing of meals
- Level 3 Cooking of Chef qualification or willingness to complete Senior Chef Production
- Applicants must hold a Food Hygiene Certificate
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.