We are currently seeking a full time Temporary Exams officer to cover a maternity contract with an immediate start based in Hailsham. The role requires a pro-active, well organised, and self-motivated person with responsibility for the management and smooth running of internal and external examinations.
- Manage and run all stages and processes in the internal and external administration of examinations and respond to exam board deadlines
- Liaise with teaching staff regarding examination entries, and to process entries
- Liaise with the Learners with Additional Needs department with regard to candidates with access arrangements
- Ensure candidates receive accurate and timely information pertaining to their examinations including publishing timetables and producing individual statements of entry
- Brief candidates on exam regulations, procedures and conduct, and produce guidelines for staff and students where appropriate
- Manage and run examinations, organise appropriate invigilation, book alternative rooms for classes that are displaced and liaise with the Site Management team regarding the setting up of examination rooms
- Responsible for downloading and distributing results
- Deal with post-results enquiries, applications for remarks, and requests for copies of papers and scripts
- Take responsibility for the management of the exams budget in liaison with the finance department
- Manage, train, and supervise the team of exam invigilators
- Be involved with the recruitment of exam invigilators
- Support the set-up and maintenance of assessment data spreadsheets
- Relevant knowledge and skills in the examinations process
- Excellent ICT skills
- In-depth knowledge of SIMS assessment manager and exams modules
- Be committed to consistency, aspiration and standards
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly organised and motivated
- An excellent administrator with a proven track record
- Must have a current DBS (or be willing to do one via The Sammons Group)
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.