KH8405 - Temporary Legal Officer
We are currently seeking a Temporary Legal Officer working on an ongoing full time basis in Lewes.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting and assisting fee earners in the preparation and conduct of a full range of routine and complex case work and providing support in relation to the provision of legal advice
- Providing legal and administrative support to the lawyers working in the team including taking conduct of cases (under the supervision of a lawyer)
- Advising client departments of legal and other consequences of proposed courses of action, so as to enable them to give or modify instructions effectively
- Undertaking casework as required and carrying a caseload with minimum supervision
- Participating in the development of quality systems for Legal Services and in particular the retention of accreditation under Investors in People and the Law Society's Practice Management Standards (Lexcel)
- The ability to provide prompt and accurate legal advice
- The ability to analyse facts, research law and apply it
- The ability to prioritise work according to importance and urgency
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively with a diverse range of people and organisations
- Negotiating and drafting skills
- Organised and methodical approach to work
- Good IT skills
- Flexible approach to working within the team or on own initiative as required
- Ability to set and receive priorities, and meet deadlines
- Be able to work effectively under pressure and deal with unforeseen and urgent demands
- Institute of Legal Executive qualification or equivalent (desirable)
- Substantial proven fee-earning experience in a legal practice (desirable)
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.