We are currently seeking a full-time Temporary Legal Officer based in Lewes to support and assist fee earners in the preparation and conduct of a full range of routine and complex case work and to provide support in relation to the provision of legal advice.
- Carry a caseload with minimum supervision
- Provide a high-quality legal service to client departments to enable them to implement decisions within the law and to protect the County Council against prosecution and challenge
- Contribute effectively to the arrangement for providing legal and administrative support to the lawyers working in the team including taking conduct of cases (under the supervision of a lawyer)
- Ensure that the Senior Solicitor or any other lawyers working within the department are adequately informed of matters being dealt with by the post-holder and to assist as required with arrangements for monitoring the progress of the work
- Support and assist fee earners in the preparation and conduct of a full range of routine and complex case work and to provide support in relation to the provision of legal advice
- Experience of working in the field of litigation law in a local authority or private practice
- Negotiating skills
- Drafting skills
- Organised and methodical approach to work
Education & Qualifications
- Institute of Legal Executive qualification or a substantial part thereof or equivalent or similar qualification e.g. law degree, LPC or BVC; or substantial proven fee-earning experience in a legal practice
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.