Temporary Production Planner
|Job Title:||Temporary Production Planner|
|Location:||Eastbourne, East Sussex|
|Contact Name:||Sammons Group|
|Job Published:||May 15, 2019 17:25|
We are currently seeking a Temporary Production Planner on a temp to perm contract working full time based in Eastbourne. You will be responsible for ensuring timely delivery of product to meet customer and business needs in a cost effective manner.
- Drive on-time delivery and service to meet customer and business expectations
- Responsible for all shop floor manufacturing planning including physical inventory counts, KanBan size adjustments based on usage data, quoting lead times for sales, monitoring project orders, etc.
- Coordinate with purchasing on material and expedite requirements
- Liaise with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities.
- Quote delivery dates on orders
- Attend contract & order review meetings
- Identify and participate in Lead-time Reduction activities and Projects
- Develop and utilize LEAN manufacturing principles to improve process capability, production volume and velocity whilst maintaining and improving quality standards
- Perform product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved efficiency
- Lead Value Stream Meetings
- Excellent planning, communication and organisational skills
- Previous manufacturing experience essential
- Change management experience
- Minimum of Engineering HNC, preferably with a mechanical bias
- Experience of working within a team, meeting demanding deadlines, using project management tools are desirable
- MRP/ERP systems (preferably JDE)
- Pump applications and processes
- Accredited Quality or Purchasing systems
- Supply chain excellence
- Demand Management
- Lean Six Sigma
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's