We are currently seeking a Project Officer for a 2-year temporary contract based in Lewes.
Assisting the department with the successful implementation of allocated projects by providing comprehensive project support. Maintaining the systems and processes used to support and monitor the project, ensuring it is delivered to agreed timescales and within budget.
- Support and co-ordinate the development and implementation of allocated projects ensuring that the projects meet the needs of service users and conforms to the design brief
- Maintain systems to plan, track, monitor and report on the project
- Act as a first contact for the project, liaising with relevant staff and responding to enquiries by telephone, letter, e-mail or in person
- Provide guidance on project governance, procedures, documentation and systems
- Monitor budgets, project expenditure and income.
- Co-ordinate the preparation work for project events and meetings
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of the project, including producing and disseminating statistics on a regular basis
- Applicants must have previous project experience
- Full driving license required
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good analytical skills and ability to interpret data
- Ability to monitor budgets effectively
- Ability to effectively manage, prioritise and organise workload, and work under pressure to meet competing deadlines
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However, if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.