|Job Title:||Tool Designer|
|Location:||Hastings, East Sussex|
|Salary:||£17 - £20 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Sammons Group|
|Job Published:||March 19, 2021 17:08|
Position: Tool Designer
Salary: £17 - £20 per hour
Our client is looking for a temporary tool designer for a 3-6 month period to provide an effective tool design service for tools, jigs, fixtures, moulds and special purpose equipment across all manufacturing areas. The ideal candidate will have the ability to work on their own initiative along with education or experience of:
Mechanical Engineering ONC/HNC/HND.
Mould Tooling design would be highly advantageous.
Significant design engineering experience.
- To design jigs, fixtures and mould tools for all production areas.
- To liaise with the Production Engineers to ensure that tool designs facilitate efficient product manufacture.
- To provide tooling and equipment quotations in support of the estimating function.
- To maintain accurate tooling records.
- To recommend component design changes in order to simplify production tooling and methods.
- To manufacture tools, as part of the Toolroom team, as and when required.
- To monitor new tooling technology and constantly review any application within TE Connectivity.
- To carry out any other reasonable tasks as may be requested from time to time by the Senior Tooling Engineer or Production Engineering Manager.
- To observe Health and Safety regulations as laid down in company procedures and Government legislation.
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's