£26,000 + shift allowance at time and a third
- Early shift: 8am to 5pm Monday to Thursday, 8am to 1pm on Friday
- Or 6am to 2pm Monday to Thursday 6am to 1pm on Friday
- Late shift: 2pm to 10pm Monday to Thursday, 1pm to 8pm Friday
To provide a toolmaking service in the manufacture of new tools and the repair / renovation of old tools. To work to very close tolerances and have the ability to understand engineering drawings in order to carry out toolmaking functions. To work as a member of a team and provide technical advice and training to the toolmakers.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks
- To manufacture new tools, repair and renovate old tools and produce samples / prototypes to the required accuracy and quality.
- To have the ability to handle various tasks simultaneously and be able to adapt to changing priorities and urgencies as they arise.
- To plan jobs through various stages of manufacture deciding the correct machinery and processes to be used in order to achieve the stated accuracy and quality.
- To operate machines and carry out all other activities in a safe and responsible manner and maintain a clean and tidy environment within the department.
- To achieve tasks within the set time in order to meet departmental targets.
- To assist in the training of other toolmakers, new employees and apprentices.
- To carry out any other reasonable tasks as may be requested from time to time by the Tooling Manager or the Engineering Manager.
- To ensure that all tooling related activities are carried out in accordance with the appropriate company procedures.
- To observe Heath and Safety regulations as laid down in company procedures and Government legislation.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND BACKGROUND EXPERIENCE
Good general education required with numeracy and perception essential. Must have completed an apprenticeship and must be capable of grinding, turning, milling and spark eroding on conventional and CNC machinery. Must be able to work to very fine tolerances and be able to read engineering drawings.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.