Salary: Up to 14.05 per hour, with the shift allowance this equates to £32855 per annum.
- Provide finished product to a pre-determined specification and tolerance.
- Planning and organising structured processes of manufacture to ensure precise specification and tolerance. Ensuring a 100% accuracy rate is achieved when transferring information and/or data from technical to allow for accurate work and manufacture plans to be produced.
- Regular liaison with Designers and/or Customers to ensure exact requirement / demand is met.
- Ability to understand, interpret and work to technical drawings.
- Able to provide finished product to the correct specification and to 100% of demand.
- Experience of working within a busy Tool Shop operating to tight, well-defined deadlines and Customer demand.
- Manual handling experience - able to demonstrate knowledge of handling equipment / tools safely and to agreed policy.
- PC Skills - including MS Windows and Windows based software.
- Practical, working knowledge within an Engineering workshop environment - including safe work practice, use of appropriate hand and machine tools plus the usual associated work equipment to maintain Tooling/apparatus
- Can demonstrate ability to identify and rectify within safe procedure, the correction and elimination of faults or operational problems.
- BTEC ONC in Mechanical & Production Engineering (or equivalent)
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.