Trainee Estimator / AutoCAD
|Job Title:||Trainee Estimator / AutoCAD|
|Location:||Hastings, East Sussex|
|Salary:||£18000 - £22000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sammons Group|
|Job Published:||October 02, 2019 08:58|
Hours: 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday
Salary: Flexible - Circa £18,000 - 22,000 per annum
An opportunity has arisen for a Trainee Technical AutoCAD Estimator to join a successful, expanding and dynamic company. The vacancy has arisen due to promotion. The position would suit an applicant who has a Degree in either Mechanical Engineering, Architecture or similar, full training is available.
The job will involve speaking with customers and clients on a daily basis, answering technical enquiries both on the phone and in writing, processing stock enquiries via the in house computer system, preparing quotations and take-offs and managing the Call off schedules for large scale projects.
- To communicate with architects, contractors and others by use of a pleasant telephone manner and via computer/ email ensuring correct sales procedures are followed.
- Process technical and estimating enquiries received by telephone, fax, e-mail or post, ensuring that all enquiries and quotations are processed on the day of receipt when possible, and always within three days of receipt.
- Gain good product knowledge of the types materials and systems available to be able to give sound technical advice to customers. (Training is given)
- Deal promptly and efficiently to customer enquiries regarding the process of their orders, quotations, enquiries and other administrative tasks relating to the Sales and Customer Service processes, Technical and Quotation processes.
- Complete take off and prepare quotations
- Convert quotation to order and highlight programmes and lead times to customer.
- Complete any ad-hoc or project related duties requested by the Manager
- Strong organisational ability and willingness to ensure deadlines are met
- Self-motivated with good communication and administrative skills.
- Confident IT user with experience of working on database packages and with CAD software / systems.
- High quality approach to customer service
- Relevant qualification or experience is essential.
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's