This job contributes the success of the store by leading a team to create and maintain the best experience for all customers. During training the Trainee Store Manager will assist the Acting Store Manager in managing the overall operation of the store by spending the majority of his or her time helping to supervise and direct the workforce, assisting with staffing decisions, ensuring customer satisfaction and product quality, actively assisting to manage the store's financial performance and maximizing store profitability, and helping to manage safety and security within the store.
The Trainee Store Manager is responsible for modelling and acting in accordance with the Store's guiding principles.
Salary and Hours:
£8.00 per hour during training (40 hours per week, no split shifts) salaried thereafter (the hours would increase to 50 with the Management position)
Shift rota (No split shifts, they are all straight shifts) 5.30am to 10pm
Overview of Key Responsibilities:
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Leadership - Assists with setting goals for the store team, developing organizational capability, and modelling how they work together:
- Assists with the training and holding all staff accountable for delivering exceptional customer service.
- Plans, identifies, communicates and delegates appropriate responsibilities and practices to the staff.
- Manage with integrity, honesty, and knowledge that promote the culture values and mission of the Store.
- Assists with and drive the implementation of company programs by developing action plans and directly motivating and instructing the store team to implement them.
- Assists with providing coaching and direction to the store team to take action and to achieve operational goals
- Utilise existing tools to identify and prioritize communications, and regularly use discretion to filter communications to the store team.
- Communicate clearly, concisely, accurately and professionally at all times.
- Constantly monitor and manage store staffing levels to ensure sales are driven forward and maximized, and to ensure staff development and talent.
- Maintain at all times the Hours of Operation established for the store.
- Attend all meetings, seminars, and other business functions as mandated.
- Regularly inspects equipment and fixtures, inside and outside the store, to ensure they are in proper working order and good conditions
Business Requirements - Assists with providing functional expertise and executing functional responsibilities:
- Use all operational tools to plan for and achieve operational excellence in the store.
- Ensure and be responsible for adherence to compliance standards, with particular focus on those standards relating to food safety.
- Solicits customer feedback to understand customer needs and the needs of the community.
Staff Development/Team Building - Assists with providing staff with coaching, feedback and developmental opportunities and building effective teams:
- Challenge and inspires staff to achieve business results.
- Ensures staff adhere to legal compliance requirements.
- Develop and maintains positive relationships with store team. Acts as a coach and mentor to staff by using discretion in assessing performance, providing feedback and coaching to improve staff performance, and effectively recommending employment decisions to the Store Manager.
- Actively assists the Store Manager in managing staff by regularly conducting performance assessments, providing feedback, and setting challenging goals to improve partner performance. Manage ongoing staff performance using performance management tools to support organizational objectives.
- Recognise and reinforces individual and store team accomplishments.
- Utilise and demonstrates effective management policies and procedures.
The Trainee Store Manager will be expected to take on full responsibilities of the Store Manager within three months of starting. This is a hands on position, leading by example.
The position would ideally suit an applicant who has a good standard of education.
Applicants need to be enthusiastic, energetic and be communicative with a good attitude.
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit www.sammons.co.uk for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.