- Planning routes
- Planning driver allocation to trucks and plan drivers rota
- Holiday planning/cover
- Ticket production/driver sheet
- Completing driver paperwork
- Maintain fuel records
- Dealing with breakdowns/punctures
- Liaise with maintenance/Fitter
- General administration and filing duties
- Resolving driver queries and issues
- Responsible for minimising cost, but not budget holder
- Liaise with facilities and book third party work
- Anticipate customer needs and strive to exceed their expectations
- Knowledge of Health & Safety
- Conduct site Inductions with visitors, contractors and new starters
- Handle driver requests for stock, PPE etc
- Knowledge of haulage compliance - BMS/QHSE
- Working to a rota system which includes some weekend working
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications;
- A solid grounding within a operational/transport environment
- Possess good attention to detail, together with problem solving ability
- Excellent planning and organising skills
- Strong communication ability
- Flexible 'can do' attitude
- IT Literate
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit www.sammons.co.uk for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.