|Job Title:||Transport Manager|
|Location:||Battle, East Sussex|
|Salary:||£30000 - £40000 per annum + + Car|
|Contact Name:||Sammons Group|
|Job Published:||April 08, 2021 09:54|
Transport Manager - £30-40k - Battle
A well-established company who supply Products and Services to some of the largest and interesting projects in the construction industry are on the market looking for a Transport Manager to undertake a crucial role within their business overseeing a fleet of over 100 vehicles.
The successful candidate will have a strategic personality, be commercially aware and possess excellent leadership & communication skills.
They are looking for a Transport Manager to look after a fleet of over 100 vehicles including vans , lorries and cars, the duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:-
- Ensure the drivers understand and work within the legal regulations and act where appropriate.
- Ensure all drivers and vehicles in the fleet are operating within the law are serviced, checked and fit for purpose.
- Manage the commercial fleet and plant, keeping records up to date including monitoring and booking MOT's, servicing, repairs etc.
- Comprehensive understanding of Fleetmatics, the business' monitoring system.
- Manage the day-to-day planning operation optimising and maximising fleet utilisation across multiple sites; ensuring exceptional customer service levels.
- Ensure full compliance with company fleet policies the Operator's Licence, highway code, DVSA and traffic commissioner requirements.
- All related aspects of transport Health & Safety legislation
- Monitor driver hours and timesheet completion, ensuring that all drivers are carrying out their daily checks and mileage is in line with lease agreements.
- Control of fuel cards and vehicle tracker system to ensure best value for the business.
- Procure new vehicles from approved suppliers, ensure best value based on price, service and specification.
- Arrange for any hired / rental vans & off hire when completed
- On-board new drivers in line with existing process, ensuring correct qualifications, training and tickets where applicable.
- Manage any poor driver behaviour.
- Investigate, report & liaise with compliance department and insurance company regarding any accidents.
- Ensure compliance with FORS
- Attend management meetings as and when required
- Ensure all costs are allocated to the correct departments
- Regularly audit fuel spend identifying any unusual trends.
The ideal candidate will be someone coming from a similar position, qualifications and experience required will include: -
- Proven leadership experience in a Transport Manager position.
- Strong analytical ability, with the ability to work with cross functional teams
- Detailed knowledge in transport legislation
- Microsoft office proficient.
- Excellent Communication skills
- Proactive, self-motivated and excels under pressure.
- A full driving licence
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.