Vacancy has arisen due to internal promotion. To Coordinate transport operations/drivers to ensure all areas of compliance & customer service are adhered to.
- Planning routes
- Planning driver allocation to trucks
- Planning drivers rota
- Holiday planning/cover
- Ticket production/driver sheets
- Completing driver paperwork
- Fuel records
- Dealing with breakdowns/punctures
- Liaise with maintenance
- General filing/Admin
- Working to a rota system including weekend working
- Resolving driver queries
- Responsible for minimising cost, but not budget holder
- Liaise with contract facilities and service locations
- Book third party work
- Try to anticipate customer needs and strive to exceed their expectations.
- Work with managers/supervisors of HWRS/WTS facilities
- Health & Safety
- Site inductions - Visitors & contractors
- Driver requests - Stock, PPE etc
- Haulage compliance - BMS/QHSE
- GCSE level Maths + English
- IT Literate
- Experience with Office packages
Experience of working in Traffic Office Environment
Problem Solving skills
Close attention to detail
Experience of Customer / Service Delivery Environment
Solid grounding in supervision with operational/transport experience.
- CPC (Certificate of Professional Competence) holder - desirable, but could train for the certification during role.
- IOSH (Institute of Occupational Safety and Health) - desirable, but could also obtain during role.
- Able to deal with conflicts
- Strong communication skills
- Planning and organising
- A willingness to establish a career in the waste management/haulage sector
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.