Travelling Stock Controller - 6 month maternity contract
You will be working throughout UK
£22,500 pro rata / £11,250 (for the 6 months) plus 45p per mile travel allowance plusAccommodation claimed weekly, fortnightly or monthly on Expense Form through the accounts department - BACS into accountCar driver - clean licence
You will work with the Head Office in ensuring that all stock is being accurately recorded and monitored across the organisation and to be an integral part of the finance department. This role will mainly focus on large stock, the role may expand to cover further merchandise in the future.
Main Areas of Responsibility:
- Carry out stock counts at all business premises, (visiting each office once per quarter)
- Investigate discrepancies in stock and work with relevant departments to correct these
- Input stock adjustments directly in to the accounts system
- Ensure all stock is located as per its account's records
- Assist each office in the logistics of stock management
- Assisting in maintaining accurate stock records
- Ensure internal controls around stock are maintained and identify areas where controls can be improved, and further efficiencies gained
- Provide training to office staff in using the accounts system to manage stock
- Assist with ad-hoc tasks as required by the senior finance team
- Confident decision maker
- Personable, with the ability to influence and get on well with people
- Strong independent work
- Good excel skills
- Relevant experience working in a business office environment
- Relevant experience
- Valid UK Driving Licence and Car
- Flexibility (some evening and weekend work may be required occasionally)
- Reasonable level of fitness (as role sometimes requires a lot of walking)
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.