Warehouse / Forklift Operative
|Job Title:||Warehouse / Forklift Operative|
|Location:||Lewes, East Sussex|
|Salary:||Up to £18000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sammons Group|
|Job Published:||October 10, 2019 12:45|
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Warehouse Operative to join a market leading Distribution Company based in Lewes.
In this role you will be responsible for maintaining stock, picking and despatching products in a clean and safe environment. Forklift license and experience is essential for this position.
The working hours for this position will be either on a Rota basis:
Monday - Friday: 6am - 2pm
Monday - Friday: 10am - 6pm
Or fixed shifts which are:
Monday - Friday: 12pm - 8pm
On occasions you could be asked to work additional hours to cover sickness, holidays and during busy periods.
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
- Ensure the warehouse is a safe and clean environment to work in
- Picking and packing orders for despatch
- Ensure that orders for despatch are suitably packed to avoid damage in transit
- To support with the loading and unloading of stock
- Check stock for correct input onto system
- Ensure that the stock is rotated in date order and replenished in the correct location
- To work to tight time scales
- Report and record any items unfit for use
- Highlight returned items from couriers
- Accurate stock counting and management
- Work well as a team player and on own initiative
- Work well under pressure
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritise
- Accurate checking of incoming and outgoing goods
- Logically minded
- Fit and agile
- Excellent communication with personnel at all levels
- Forklift experience and qualification
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's