Full time 08:00 to 17:00 - 1 Hour Lunch
A new position has arisen to join the Warehouse team at a dynamic company
The position will potentially involve local deliveries, (transport can be provided) therefore a full manual driving licence is required.
The role of the Warehouse Operative is to successfully and safely assist the Warehouse Manager and other Warehouse Operatives in Duties relating to Goods inwards, storage, handling, packaging, checking and dispatch.
Duties will include but are not limited to;
- Preparing goods for dispatch in accordance with sales orders including correct fixings as required and checking quality of goods as they are dispatched. Use of the Forklifts
- Packaging prepared goods using pallets, pallet wrap, tension strapping and corporate labelling
- Inspection of incoming goods for Quality Control and reporting defects to Senior Staff.
- Placing goods in the warehouse storage racking in correct locations using forklift if necessary.
- Preparing detailed inventory of stock for stock taking requirements.
- Using the computer to print labels for goods out and ensuring correct application.
- Ensuring all rubbish is disposed of and recycled appropriately in bins provided.
- Production of stock from various components, involving the use of powered machinery following training on each of the tools to be used.
- Alerting the stock controller or management to unforeseen potential shortfalls in stock levels.
- Carrying out local deliveries to customer sites as and when required by the business
- Checking goods in from suppliers and ensuring delivery notes tally with quantities,
- Inputting information into the company ERP system.
- Keeping the entire workplace neat, tidy and safe, reporting any concerns to the Warehouse Manager.
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.