Warehouse Pallet Wrapper
|Job Title:||Warehouse Pallet Wrapper|
|Location:||Lewes, East Sussex, S. E. England, England|
|Contact Name:||Sammons Group|
|Job Published:||September 10, 2019 11:42|
This is a great opportunity for a hard-working college leaver / Warehouse individual to join a market leading Distribution Company based in Lewes.
In this role you will be responsible for ensuring the safe operation of the wrap/packing machinery, applying shrink wrap, address labels and barcode labels to stacked pallets for safe and stable transportation of food products.
The core working hours for this position is Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm
On occasions you may be asked to work additional hours to cover sickness, holidays and during busy periods.
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
- Pre-inspection of the equipment before operation at the start of each shift
- Remove any debris or obstruction in work area prior to operation
- Ensure that the machine is loaded with shrink wrap; load additional wrap as needed
- Label application to ensure pallets are addressed to route and location
- Communicate all pallet construction concerns to supervisor to ensure product integrity
- Ability to work safely in a fast-paced environment
- Post inspection of equipment at the end of each shift
- Ensure the warehouse is a safe and clean environment to work in
- Pick and pack orders for despatch
- Ensure that orders for despatch are suitably packed to avoid damage in transit
- To support with the loading and unloading of stock
- Check stock for correct input onto system
- Ensure that the stock is rotated in date order and replenished in the correct location
- To work to tight time scales
- Report and record any items unfit for use
- Highlight returned items from couriers
- Accurate stock counting and management
- Work well as a team player and on own initiative
- Work well under pressure
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritise
- Accurate checking of incoming and outgoing goods
- Logically minded
- Fit and agile
- Excellent communication with personnel at all levels
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's